The exchange has come to an end now, I am writing this at the Frankfurt Airport in Germany. Waiting for my connecting flight – almost three hours to go.
The last night home before my flight to Malta I remember being scared. Thinking ”Oh my god oh my god I can’t do this.” But I did, and I am beyond happy that I did. Granted not everything was a total succes, but what’s life without its up and downs?
To save you from a boring (too long) post, I’ll gather my biggest successes and failures from the past four weeks to two lists:
What went well
- Getting along with my boss
- Meeting a maltese friend (three times)
- Improving my english skills
- Figuring out what makes me happy and what doesn’t
- Discovering new interests (reflexology, sound therapy, theta healing, aromatherapy)
And not so well
- Getting lost on the first day
- Struggling with verbal communication
- Getting homesick and frustrated
- Trying to buy a gym membership (ended up paying a lot, and it was a mess)
- Bought a sim (I didn’t really need)
Four weeks felt at the same time like an eternity and like only a couple of days. Saw some amazing places (and not so amazing places), met old friends and new friends. Did a lot in a short amount of time and also spent four days at home sick watching netflix. Sticked to my habits with food and gym, and also enjoyed a little (or a lot) of chocolate and wines.
And it was an experience I’l cherish for the rest of my life.